Friday, July 13, 2012

Grain-Free Brownie Pancakes


I have been reading some articles about going grain-free.  I haven't jumped on this band wagon, but what I have read has inspired my to cut back the grains I am eating, especially wheat.
(If you want to learn more about these ideas I recommend this Blog & this Article.)

I have been cooking regular food with grain alternative ingredients.  Here is a pancake I came up with that is super yummy & does taste like a brownie!  It's good for you too.

This is more of method rather than a recipe.

In one bowl combine 3/4 of a scoop of whey protein powder,  1/2 tsp. baking powder, 2 tbs. coconut flour, 1 tb. unsweeted baking cocoa powder, 1-3 tsp. of sweetener. (I use Truvia because it is all natural) 

In another bowl beat one egg with 2tbs. milk (I use almond or coconut milk), dash of vanilla and a tsp. of oil (I use coconut oil - melted)

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients (as my mama always told me to do).  Add more milk as necessary to get a pancake batter consistency.  Then cook on a griddle or frying pan like your usual pancakes.  They are great alone, or with some berries. I just heat up some frozen berries in the microwave as shown below.


 YUM!! Lots of fiber, protein & healthy fats!  I know they are pretty good because my daughter
asks for them and she never asks for any of my "healthy food"!



This version is made without the cocoa powder and 3 tbs. of coconut flour.  It's more like a plain pancake.

Give it a try and let me know how they turn out!

3 comments:

  1. I just received this book and am reading it now. I have been thinking about going wheat free for a while to help with joint pain and losing the last of the baby weight. Seems a little daunting to eliminate all wheat products...

    BTW, I am in the process of making your Flower Headband! Thanks for the free pattern. I will link to your blog when I post the end result to Ravelry and my blog.

    Thanks!
    Ali
    www.40tasks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it appears like it had been a live plant or animal recently, eat it. If it originates from a handbag or box and will survive on the shelf for weeks, avoid it. If you need accountability, keep a food journal. When you are working, pack healthy opt or lunches for restaurants that serve salads with large portions of meats.
    http://www.cureidea.com/vitality-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  3. mens vitality supplements hundreds and planner of moviesGet the entire Diet Doctor encounter with unlimited low-carb and keto meal plans, shopping lists and much more with a free membership trial.NUTRITION FOR WEIGHT LOSA diet made up of vegetables primarily, chicken, seafood, beef, pork, fruit and nuts is paramount to sustainable fat loss. Eliminate processed prepackaged foods like chips, baked products, pizza, frozen foods and fast foods.
    http://www.cureidea.com/vitality-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete