Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Curriculum Clarity!!!

I have been doing that Spring thing again.  Thinking so much about what we will be doing next year for homeschool that I lose focus on finishing this year!  Luckily we are basically done.  La is finishing up one last project & most of her 3R's (reading, 'riting & 'rithmetic) are done for the year.

So my search began a few weeks ago.  Through prayer & reflection, I knew I needed to look for something different, something with a little more structure.  As I shared on the Homeschool Compass page, I want plans & structure, but I also need a curriculum that is flexible and uses natural methods where subjects are connected instead of compartmentalized.  Also it's important that it be engaging. There should be something fun to look forward to everyday.

I searched around and compiled a list of possibilities.  If you would like to see that list, you can see the Pintrest Board I compiled here.  After thoroughly comparing all these choices, I have come to a clear decision.  Next year we will be using (drumroooooollllllll)

Learn All About This Curriculum Here
Photo from http://www.home-school-curriculum.com/
We are so excited! I have already placed my order & the BIG BOX with all books & supplies arrives tomorrow!  For a few days now I have been saying it will be like Christmas morning when we open it!

I chose this curriculum basically because it checked all the boxes for me!  I simply think I will love everything about it!  If you identify with our Homeschool Compass, I highly suggest you download the samples and check it out!

Ah, the peace of making a decision and knowing it is right.

5 comments:

  1. We just started with POE (although my oldest is just 7)! We finished our first week and LOVED it! It's a perfect blend of structure and flexibility!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How Exciting! We are waiting until the Fall. I have the whole curriculum on my shelf. We are really excited. Myself more than my daughter i think! ;)

      Delete
  2. I have wondered about Trail Guide. Enjoy the unpacking and sifting of books! FUN!!

    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog - I am a Trail Guide to Learning user myself. Hope you'll enjoy it!

    Stef
    http://educatinglaytons.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie,

    We are so excited to see that you are using Trail Guide to Learning. We hope that you love it! Please let us know if you need any support. We would love to hear from you! You can email me directly at jamie AT geomatters.com or connect with us on our Facebook or Twitter accounts.

    Wishing you an awesome school year!

    Jamie @ GeoMatters

    ReplyDelete